Policies & Fees
RCMI Biophotonics Core Policies
1) All users must undergo training on the use of instrumentation prior to having access to the facility. The amount of training will vary depending upon user experience. All training is done by appointment and requests should be sent to the Director via email.
2) The core also offers personal in-depth training in methods of image processing and analysis using data acquired by the user. While this level of training is not required in order to obtain independent access to instrumentation, it is highly recommended. All training is done by appointment and requests should be sent to the Director via email.
3) Upon the completion of training, user will be granted access to the main entrance door and to each room housing the instrumentation for which the user is trained to use independently.
4) Under no circumstances should an authorized user lend their banner ID to another individual or swipe their banner ID in order to grant an unauthorized user access to the imaging center. Any unauthorized access to instrumentation will result in the suspension of all user privileges.
5) All scope systems (objectives) should be left clean, regardless if another user is to come on the system following your reserved time slot.
6) Data is NOT indefinitely stored on the local acquisition computer. It is uploaded regularly to our dedicated server, which is maintained by our partner core, the RCMI Computational Systems Biology Core (CSBC), located just adjacent to the imaging core. Data management is a component of user training.
Internal User Fees:
Zeiss 510 Meta Confocal - 25.00/hour unassisted, 50.00/hour assisted
Zeiss Vivatome - 25.00/hour unassisted, 50.00/hour assisted
Zeiss 710 Live Multiphoton/Confocal System - 35.00/hour unassisted, 60.00/hour assisted.
External User Fees:
Zeiss 510 Meta Confocal - 50.00/hour unassisted, 100/hour assisted
Zeiss Vivatome - 50.00/hour unassisted, 100.00/hour assisted
Zeiss 710 Live Multiphoton/Confocal System - 70.00/hour unassisted, 120/hour assisted
Core Acknowledgments: All scientific reports or abstracts of work that include data acquired using core resources must acknowledge that their work was supported in part by NIH-G12MD007591.
For access to our online reservation calendar click the following link: http://utsa.hosted.webevent.com/cgi-bin/webevent.cgi